The Center of Teaching and Technology has a collection of peripheral equipment that is available for use by College of Education faculty, staff, and students. This collection of equipment aims to help students and faculty within the College fully utilize the capabilities of their computers and software while increasing their general knowledge base of technology. Equipment can be checked out for up to two weeks and can be renewed for a longer period of time on a case-by-case basis. College of Education community members that do not return equipment in a timely manner or after email notification of overdue equipment, will lose their borrowing privileges. Undergraduates that do not return equipment will have their diploma and teaching certificates held until the return is complete. Below is a partial list of equipment the Center has in our inventory:
- Digital Camcorder (SD and HD)
- Digital still cameras
- External Drives (CD-RW, DVD-RW, Hard Drives)
- External Speakers
- Skype USB speakerphones
- Digital Voice Recorder (MP3, WAV and other formats)
- Elmo document cameras
- Clickers (CPS)
- SMART Boards (for use in Erickson Hall only)
- Flip Video Ultra and Mino Standard Definition cameras and Flip Video Mino HD and Flip Video Ultra HD 120 minute cameras
- Sanyo Xacti MPEG4 video cameras, Sanyo Xacti MPEG4 HD video camera (1080p)
- GPS Units
- iPod Touches, iPads
- Laptops carts for reservation: Large cart with 21 Lenovo ThinkPad Edge (Windows 7), Minicart A with 5 Dell Latitude E6400 (Windows XP), Minicart B with 16 Dell Inspiron Mini 10 Netbooks (Windows XP), and a MacBook Pro/iPad 2 cart with 10 of each device.
If you are searching for a piece of equipment that is not listed here, please contact the Center for Teaching and Technology at email@example.com or visit room 133 Erickson Hall.
Resources @ MSU
Outside of the Center of Teaching and Technology, Michigan State University offers a diverse variety of technological resources. The ATS Media Services is a great resource for utilizing and implementing technology within the MSU classrooms. Below are several links regarding the use of technology in the MSU classrooms.
Erickson Hall Technology Classrooms
All classrooms on the first floor of in Erickson hall are equipped with data projectors, a document camera, and a connection for a laptop. To view specific room details, please consult the online reservation system for rooms in Erickson Hall.
Classrooms at MSU with technology
There are a total of 121 classrooms on the campus of MSU that are technologically equipped.
ATS Media Services also has constructed a list of helpful tips for using the technology in the MSU classrooms, including using the technology carts in the classrooms, overhead projectors, DVD & VCR Players, Video/Date Projectors, Touch-Panel Control Systems, as well as file transfers.